With just a little over a month left for insurance plans to reset their allowances for the year, this is a good time to schedule appointments. Many insurance plans run in a calendar year, from January to December. The maximum amount available under different services must be used up that year. Many plans do not let you carry over your allowance to the next year. If your insurance plan runs on a calendar year, make sure you’ve used your insurance to your best needs before the end of the year. Make sure you call early so you can get a spot as many businesses also go on holidays in December.
There are five weeks in December, so if you are looking to utilize your plan before the end of the year, why not book an appointment a week? Many of these appointments can be short, and can even be done during your lunch break.
Here are some appointments to consider booking:
- Insurance: The holidays are also a slower time, so this allows you to catch up on things you may be putting off? things like getting extended health care, life insurance, and an education savings plan for your child or critical disability insurance. Many of us know it is important to get this security, but we cite time as a reason for putting it off. This holiday, invest some time in your future and plan your financial future.
- Eye Exam: Its a good idea to have your eyes checked once to every two years. With the amount of computer usage many of us get in a day, it is likely that your vision changes. This can cause problems if not addressed or if you are using incorrect corrective gear? including headaches and fatigue. If you notice a difference in your vision, make sure you book a check-up with your eye doctor.
- Dental Cleaning: Dental cleanings help keep your mouth healthy. Dentists recommend that you get your teeth cleaned once to twice a year (and more frequently if you are experiencing problems or have plaque build-up). Most benefits also cover a cleaning with fluoride every nine months. During the winter holidays, it is also easy to consume many sweets and beverages that can cause cavities and staining? make sure you exercise proper oral hygiene or else you may have to visit your dentist again in January!
- Massage: Who doesn’t like a good relaxing massage? After a long year, isn’t it time for some relaxation? Massage therapy is a wonderful way to ease your pain and de-stress. Many group benefits and private insurance plans cover massage because they recognize how valuable this is for ones physical and mental health. If you have massage coverage left this year, make sure you use it if you need it!
- Orthotics and Orthopaedic Shoes: Don’t think automatically that this means ugly. More and more, orthopedic shoes are looking quite fashionable while providing tremendous support for your shoes. If you are on your feet for most of the day, this is especially important.
To find plans that are best suited for you, Contact us. We will be happy to help.